El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Starting Off (0)

3:58 PM by , under

I wanted to set up a blog where I can focus on my photography and talk a little about how I set up my own shots while I take wild guesses at how to recreate the amazing photos I see from other people.

To start off, I just want to say that I do not have a professional studio or lighting rig. I don't have reflectors, diffusers, ring lights, or any of that other stuff. What I typically use is the kitchen counter, the light above the stove, some flashlights, laser pointers, or the occasional controlled fire to light my toy shots. If I'm feeling particularly bold, I will use the black light or smoke machine.

So that's me. I'm just a nerd taking pictures of his toys, using whatever happens to be available, and hoping for the best.



| edit post

0 Reply to "Starting Off"