El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

War Machine (5)

6:52 AM by , under

War Machine (by ElDave)
Variable Threat Response Battle Suit Mark II, Model JRXL-1000


Man, I was doing so good with not buying the 3.75" Marvel figures. I saw all the cool characters, all in the same scale, with a lineup that included both the main Heroes and Villains and also threw in plenty of henchmen for good measure.
"Self", I said, "you don't want those. They're too tiny and too expensive. Stay strong."
And I listened for a good long time. In fact, I listened so well for so long that now I'm seeing some of the line on clearance at Target.

But then all the Iron Man 2 figures popped up.
My goal in collecting Iron Man was always to get the different armors. I'm not too fussed about having EVERY Iron Man figure (although, if you saw my shelf you'd think otherwise), but these new movie toys seem to have been made especially for me.

Sometimes, when I'm alone, I think they were.

Be good,
-Dave

Close your eyes, I will help you pray



| edit post

5 Reply to "War Machine"

mrchrishunt on March 22, 2010 at 7:38 AM

You of all people were going to try and NOT buy Iron Man 2 figures
*PFFT*
Uh huh.

 

Boneyard Chicago on March 22, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I understand, Dave. They got me too!

 

Cindi on March 22, 2010 at 4:36 PM

They're dreadfully addictive. I seem to be growing a 3.75" Iron Man army unintentionally. Dang.

 

El Dave on March 23, 2010 at 7:02 AM

@mrchrishunt - Man, I tried. I really did! Daddy just needs his medicine is all.

@Ryan - Now you understand!

@Cindi - Take some pictures of them!

 

mrchrishunt on March 23, 2010 at 7:06 AM

Gotta have that sweet, sweet medicine...