El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

New Years Resolutions 1

7:26 AM by , under , ,

Plastic 52 - Week 19 (by ElDave)

Welcome to the Future! I am well rested (and a year older) after the Davemass Festivities, and we have lots to talk about today, so let's get right into it.

1) Where is the book, Dave? You promised us a book.
-- The proof copy has left the printers and, as soon as I get to look over it, I'll be posting the link here and there will also be a link in the sidebar. It is titled Life in Plastic and weighs in at 41 pages, with almost 80 photos printed on 8 1/2 x 11" full color paper. You can get all that (plus a foreward by the ever-talented David Price himself) for just $35!

I am more than a little excited.

2) New Years Resolution #1
-- Now that the book is coming and the blog is getting some consistent traffic, I would like to be a little more active in finding some work as a photographer. I think my work is solid enough technically and exciting enough to help move some toys. For this resolution, I will also be enlisting you, dear reader. If you know someone who makes toys that would be interested in having my kind of photos for advertisements/flyers/whatever, please direct them here! I also plan on using venues like Wizard World Chicago to get in touch with toy companies, where I can bring a copy of the book with me and show off a little.

3) New Years Resolution #2
-- Another goal I have for this year is to double the average number of pageviews I have here. Google Adsense may not pay much right now, but having twice as many hits means twice the payout, and every little bit helps. Besides, the more money I make on adsense, the more toys I can buy! To accomplish this one, I want to introduce a few new things here on the blog. The Wall-E Tutorial has been incredibly popular and I think some step-by-step guides on the basics of photography might be helpful. Thinks like explaining what the different modes are, setting up your shots, the rule of thirds, etc.

4) New Years Resolution #3
-- Build a storefront on Artfire (you can see the link on the sidebar) where I can sell prints of my photos. I used to have an Etsy shop, but I never really pushed it and it fell into obscurity. The few photos I do have on Artfire get good traffic, and I just need to stay focused and keep working on it.

5) Wage's New Years Resolution
-- Be naked more often.

For auld lang synEXIF:

Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure: 0.2 sec (1/5)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 42 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
X-Resolution: 72 dpi
Y-Resolution: 72 dpi
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Date and Time: 2008:12:29 08:55:13
YCbCr Positioning: Co-Sited
Exposure Program: Aperture priority
Date and Time (Original): 2008:12:28 15:36:13
Date and Time (Digitized): 2008:12:28 15:36:13
Shutter Speed: 152170/65536
Metering Mode: Pattern
Color Space: sRGB
Focal Plane X-Resolution: 4433.295 dpi
Focal Plane Y-Resolution: 4453.608 dpi
Compression: JPEG
Image Width: 3888 pixels
Image Height: 2592 pixels

Be good,
-Dave



| edit post

1 Reply to "New Years Resolutions"

Starlit Sky on January 12, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Way to end the resolutions Wage... :o)