El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Kratos, God of War (3)

10:58 AM by , under , ,

Kratos

Captain, the hard drive failure has been contained, and we can resume normal blogging speed.

Kratos, according to Wikipedia is:
Kratos is the fictional protagonist of the God of War series. The character first appeared in God of War, released in 2005. In this game, Kratos is on a quest for revenge, a theme continued throughout the God of War series. The series has become a flagship title for the PlayStation brand, appearing on both the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable, with a PlayStation 3 game in development.

This particular figure was made by NECA Toys.

Since I've never actually played God of War, I don't have much more to add (Although if I sell enough books, I could afford a PS2...).

I wanted to try something different with Kratos that built off of what I learned from Jaganatha and using the flash. Placing the figure right in front of the window, I triggered the flash, completely surrounding Kratos in light.

Taking him into Photoshop, I used my lab color tweak to make his colors pop and painted his eyes. Duplicating the layer, I added a radial blur to the background in order to have light spilling over him.

I have to confess, I am really excited about this figure (despite his soft joints) and can't wait for the sub zero temperatures to subside so I can get out and take more shots!

THIS! IS! EXIF!

Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture: f/5
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash fired

Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
X-Resolution: 72 dpi
Y-Resolution: 72 dpi
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Date and Time: 2009:01:16 12:47:26
YCbCr Positioning: Co-Sited
Exposure Program: Aperture priority
Date and Time (Original): 2009:01:16 12:56:05
Date and Time (Digitized): 2009:01:16 12:56:05
Shutter Speed: 500948/65536
Metering Mode: Pattern
Color Space: sRGB
Focal Plane X-Resolution: 4433.295 dpi
Focal Plane Y-Resolution: 4453.608 dpi
White Balance: Manual
Compression: JPEG
Image Width: 3888 pixels
Image Height: 2592 pixels

Be good,
-Dave



| edit post

3 Reply to "Kratos, God of War"

David A Price on January 16, 2009 at 12:57 PM

HA! Nice plug. Stan Lee would be proud.

Great image.

 

I luv God of War 4 on May 25, 2009 at 10:50 AM

El, great shot. Good thinking to shoot it against a bright background.

 

Christine Dominguez on December 5, 2023 at 6:16 PM

I enjoyed reaading your post