El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Death of Captain Marvel (0)

6:59 PM by , under

Death of Captain Marvel

While this may not be exactly how the story goes, things certainly look grim for the good Captain.
(Sorry for the short post today. Gotta catch my train!)

Today's shot was a lesson in how to deal with a funky exposure. Just like the Lotus Warrior, I had a little trouble getting the light balanced. This time I wasn't able to get into the (normally dark) kitchen due to dinner being prepared. Laptop + Hot Stove/Food = Trouble for Dave. So what I did was bring the laptop and figures out into the living room and, figuring "what's the worst that can happen", set up in front of our windows. The natural light lit the figures beautifully, but threw that glare over the top of the monitor that I figured would completely wreck the shot.

Thankfully my good friend Photoshop was there to help me in my time of need. I couldn't remove the harsh glare, but I used it to my advantage with the help of a gradient layer. An orange/purple gradient brought down the harsh colors at the top while giving the bottom a warm glow.

Give them a try. You wont be disappointed!

Also... Note to self: CLEAN YOUR DANG LENSES.

My God...it's full of EXIF...

Camera: Fujifilm FinePixS2Pro
Exposure: 0.067 sec (1/15)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 100 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0/100 EV

Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
X-Resolution: 72 dpi
Y-Resolution: 72 dpi
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Date and Time: 2008:03:05 14:26:07
Timezone Offset: -6, -6
Exposure Program: Normal
Date and Time (Original): 2008:03:05 14:07:14
Date and Time (Digitized): 2008:03:05 14:07:14
Shutter Speed: 3906891/1000000
Brightness: 383/100
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
Light Source: Daylight
Color Space: Uncalibrated
Focal Plane X-Resolution: 630 dpc
Focal Plane Y-Resolution: 630 dpc
Sensing Method: One-chip colour area sensor
White Balance: Manual
Focal Length In 35mm Film: 150
Saturation: High saturation
Compression: JPEG
Image Width: 3024 pixels
Image Height:

Be good,
-Dave



| edit post

0 Reply to "Death of Captain Marvel"