El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Lotus Warrior (0)

12:12 PM by , under

Lotus Warrior

Once in a while a line will pop into my head and won't go away until I act on it. This time it was, "What would you do if reality were no longer an obstacle". Since I'm not particularly artistic (can't draw, can't paint), my only real creative outlet is photography. So I dug through my toy bins trying to find something to satisfy the concept in my head, but toy after toy went back into the bins because they just didn't fit.

Finally, I grabbed the Lotus Warrior and something clicked. I managed to find all of her weapons, except for the giant shield thing she's supposed to hold above her head. I grabbed the torches from Dr. Doom and placed them in her hands. For the background I used a photograph I took inside the House on the Rock and pulled it up fullscreen on my laptop.

Processing in Photoshop was pretty basic, using the Levels to control the color and blend the figure into the background. I used soft brushes to give the torches the same glow. Using the laptop as both backdrop and light source worked out well, except for the glow/distortion in the bottom left corner. I'm not sure what caused it, but I couldn't really get rid of it without ruining the picture. C'est la vie!

All reality is EXIF:

Camera: Fujifilm FinePixS2Pro
Exposure: 0.7 sec (7/10)
Aperture: f/4
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0/100 EV

Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
X-Resolution: 72 dpi
Y-Resolution: 72 dpi
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Date and Time: 2008:02:26 23:02:18
Tag::TIFF::0x882A: -6, -6
Exposure Program: Manual
Date and Time (Original): 2008:02:26 22:44:51
Date and Time (Digitized): 2008:02:26 22:44:51
Shutter Speed: 514573/1000000
Brightness: -66/100
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
Light Source: Daylight
Color Space: Uncalibrated
Focal Plane X-Resolution: 630 dpc
Focal Plane Y-Resolution: 630 dpc
Sensing Method: One-chip colour area sensor
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Manual
Focal Length In 35mm Film: 75
Saturation: High saturation
Compression: JPEG
Image Width: 3024 pixels
Image Height: 2024 pixels

Be good,
-Dave



| edit post

0 Reply to "Lotus Warrior"