El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Yoshimitsu (0)

6:49 AM by , under

Yoshimitsu

Last weekend we went back to Quake's Collectibles and I found two more Tekken characters, Heihachi and True Ogre. Of course I didn't see True Ogre until we were leaving and I'd already spent all my money, but I did manage to pick up Heihachi (slightly used).

So why am I taking pictures of Yoshimitsu then? It's not that Heihachi's a bad figure, quite the opposite. I think a fresh coat of paint (especially for his waxy looking skin) will do him wonders. He may need a new left fist as well. Gotta look into that. And I need to get back to Quake's for the True Ogre. Hopefully it's still there!

One more thing before I go into the shot details. April? I totally kick your butt at Tekken.

Ok, for this one I wanted to play with something that I've never played with before. Something I always pass by on my way to other tools. Something called a Gradient Map.

What it does is, instead of overlaying a gradient over the entire image, it auto selects the highlights and shadows and uses that as the basis for the gradient. It will take a little tweaking to get the hang of it, but I think it could be very useful for adding contrast and color at the same time. After that, I did the usual photo filters (to help smooth out the color), gaussian blur and vignette (Lens correction) that I always do. The last step was to take a soft brush and dot his eyes to make them glow.

I shall assist your EXIF!

Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure: 0.02 sec (1/50)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
X-Resolution: 72 dpi
Y-Resolution: 72 dpi
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Date and Time: 2008:03:13 22:44:47
YCbCr Positioning: Co-Sited
Exposure Program: Normal
Date and Time (Original): 2008:03:13 22:22:48
Date and Time (Digitized): 2008:03:13 22:22:48
Shutter Speed: 369876/65536
Metering Mode: Pattern
Color Space: sRGB
Focal Plane X-Resolution: 2207.526 dpi
Focal Plane Y-Resolution: 2213.058 dpi
White Balance: Manual
Compression: JPEG
Image Width: 1288 pixels
Image Height: 1936 pixels

Be good,
-Dave



| edit post

0 Reply to "Yoshimitsu"