El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Dr. Strange (0)

6:39 AM by , under

Dr. Strange

I was given the request to take a picture of Dr. Strange (among others) by TheFreakyTiki on the Comic Geek Speak Forums. I've shot the good doctor before, but I wanted to see if I couldn't bring something new to the party. Everything from lightning to light orbs to the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak were attempted and abandoned. I love Dr. Strange, but that GIANT cape really limited his posability. I tried reposing him to match various comic covers. I tried posing him to imitate comic panels. I tried action shots. I tried quiet shots.

What I think turned out the best is Dr. Strange slipping out of his body via Astral Projection. To create the effect, I had to shoot Doc in the two different poses, then overlay/layer mask the Astral Form on top of the sleeping Physical Form. A little desaturation of the Astral and a little oversaturation on the Physical helped to separate the two a little further. Save As, upload to Flickr, post on the Comic Forums.

The Alchemist of EXIF:

Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure: 0.4 sec (2/5)
Aperture: f/2.5
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
X-Resolution: 72 dpi
Y-Resolution: 72 dpi
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Date and Time: 2008:03:23 12:46:41
YCbCr Positioning: Co-Sited
Exposure Program: Shutter priority
Date and Time (Original): 2008:03:23 12:18:00
Date and Time (Digitized): 2008:03:23 12:18:00
Shutter Speed: 86634/65536
Metering Mode: Pattern
Color Space: sRGB
Focal Plane X-Resolution: 4433.295 dpi
Focal Plane Y-Resolution: 4453.608 dpi
White Balance: Manual
Compression: JPEG
Image Width: 2592 pixels
Image Height: 3888 pixels

Be good,
-Dave



| edit post

0 Reply to "Dr. Strange"