El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Monsterpocalypse (3)

7:16 AM by , under

Last week I briefly mentioned having a demo game of Monsterpocalypse. Published by Privateer Press, the point of the game is to have your giant monster completely wreck your friend's giant monster. The city you're crushing is just an afterthought, as are the people living there.

The game was taught by my buddy Ryan, who assembled a force of Lords of Chtul led by Cthugrosh backed up by a bunch of little things I would rather have not faced.

Monsterpocalypse (by ElDave)

I picked the Terrasaurs because they were chubby and made me laugh. I ran Terra Khan and a couple other chubby little dinosaurs.

Monsterpocalypse (by ElDave)

When the dust finally settled, Terra Khan stood over the busted husk of Cthugrosh.

While I had a good time and REALLY like the models, I don't think I'll be playing the game beyond this demo. There were a few rules mechanics that kept pulling me away from what I really wanted to do, which is punch giant monsters and breathe nuclear fire on unsuspecting cities.

It wasn't a total loss, however. I spent the next hour taking pictures of Ryan's models (and made a stop at ebay to order a few monsters for myself). Without further adieu, here are just a small sampling of the awesome looking figures:

Monsterpocalypse (by ElDave)
Monsterpocalypse (by ElDave)
Monsterpocalypse (by ElDave)
Monsterpocalypse (by ElDave)
Monsterpocalypse (by ElDave)

Be good,
-Dave

I strike a match, strike a match, cook it up!



| edit post

3 Reply to "Monsterpocalypse"

Adam on February 15, 2010 at 10:22 AM

The red (translucent?) one is GREAT! Very cool pic.

 

Anonymous on February 24, 2010 at 2:16 AM

Beautiful pics as always, Dave. You capture the mood so well.

 

kamagra on March 17, 2011 at 7:43 AM

I love this kind of toys, my little son has a lot like these , he has Monsterpocalypse named Godzilla or something like that, I think that the images are really cool!!22dd