El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Nomad (0)

8:34 PM by , under

Nomad

Since I'm in a gaming mood, I figured why not talk about it here?

As I mentioned in my last post, I am a big fan of Warmachine, by Privateer Press. They call it "Full Metal Fantasy", others call it steampunk, but whatever it is, I love it. Giant robots fighting side by side with wizards and mages against the darkest of monsters. Even if you'll never play the game, at least browse through the rulebook. The game's setting is fantastic all by itself!

If you would like to see the Nomad as it originally appears (and painted much better than I could have done), click HERE.

The Nomad is the old workhorse of the Warjacks. Most commonly used in mercenary forces, it lacks all the bells and whistles of newer machines. To represent this, I tried painting it with faded colors and lots of rust. The barrel, chains, tarps, etc were added in a moment of inspiration.

For the shot, I'm still trying to wrap my head around 300. Yes, I'm still obsessed with the style, no I still haven't captured it. Did a Black and White overlay at around 50%, did a little painting on the stone to bring the stark white color down to a more weathered look, and painted in the furnace fire in the head.

This really isn't helping me not want to game.

Be good,
-Dave



| edit post

0 Reply to "Nomad"