El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Organ Music (2)

8:49 AM by , under

Here's the thing. I don't like horror movies. Being scared holds no fascination for me and I can't handle gore. That said, however, there is something about the old black & white monster movies that just grabs me. What I like most is not the makeup effects (although Frankenstein is my favorite monster), but the cinematography. That the best tool the filmmakers had to convey emotion and mood was light and shadow.

Harsh lights, cheesy fog, and deep shadows are all a guy really needs.

Ok, maybe some sort of character wouldn't hurt the scene any.

Enter: Darkrasp, Death Priest by Reaper Miniatures.

Opera Music
(Click to see larger)

I think the biggest things missing are a full moon, bats, and cheesy organ music.

Be good,
-Dave

Boy be brave, don't let them take you no!



| edit post

2 Reply to "Organ Music"

Adam on February 19, 2011 at 9:29 AM

DA DAH!!!!! Da-da-da daaaaaaaaaaaa DAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

lesson 5 on March 23, 2011 at 6:55 PM

this shot is unreasonable. so very well played.