El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Plastic 52 - Week 15 (0)

8:02 AM by , under

Plastic 52 - Week 15 (by ElDave)

...aaaaand it's snowing. So much for the autumn colors and the days I could go out in just a jacket. While I'm sure Wage doesn't mind shoveling snow (note to self: buy tiny snow shovel), my poor fingers can't handle the cold. The rest of me is fine, but my hands? Forget about it!

We're thinking warm thoughts today here in Chicago and I wanted to share an equally warm picture with you guys. Taking Wage to the Chicago Botanic Garden is always an adventure. Sometimes people recognize him (and our other uglydolls) and other times people stop me and demand to know what I'm doing, which is always kind of awkward. Especially when I'm arguing with the toy for not standing or not being poseable enough for the shot I want.

Today's Plastic 52 was taken, as I said before, in the Chicago Botanic Garden with natural light. We were in the Enabling Garden (which is probably my favorite section, but don't tell the others) and I noticed this Wage-sized gap in the bush. I quickly scooped Wage out of my bag, placed him in the gap and snapped like mad.

Cleanup in Photoshop was just a quick Auto Levels and a bump in Saturation. Nothing fancy!

Why do I hear the Jaws theme when I look at this?

Assume your EXIF honestly,

Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure: 0.033 sec (1/30)
Aperture: f/9
Focal Length: 49 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
X-Resolution: 72 dpi
Y-Resolution: 72 dpi
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Date and Time: 2008:11:17 14:04:15
YCbCr Positioning: Co-Sited
Exposure Program: Aperture priority
Date and Time (Original): 2008:11:02 14:32:33
Date and Time (Digitized): 2008:11:02 14:32:33
Shutter Speed: 321578/65536
Metering Mode: Pattern
Color Space: sRGB
Focal Plane X-Resolution: 4433.295 dpi
Focal Plane Y-Resolution: 4453.608 dpi
White Balance: Manual
Compression: JPEG
Image Width: 2592 pixels
Image Height: 3888 pixels

Be good,
-Dave



| edit post

0 Reply to "Plastic 52 - Week 15"