El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Brute Stalker (0)

6:19 AM by , under

Brute Stalker

To be honest, I haven't played much of the Halo series (or any first person shooter). I get pretty motion sick watching the screen bob and bounce around, not to mention the anxiety that comes from knowing that someone is waiting around that next corner, ready to murder me and then hump my corpse. Thankfully, that doesn't stop me from enjoying the visual aspects of the game. I loved the trailers they made, and the cgi videos were top notch. I just can't handle, you know, playing.

According to Halopedia (which I just learned existed):
Stalkers are covered in gray armor and possess integrated circuitry for Active Camouflage in their Power Armour. They often use Radar Jammers to confuse their prey and are the main users of Incendiary Grenades. It is unknown how Brutes are promoted to this rank (possibly the number of casualties they inflict), but they are commonly seen acting as spies and bodyguards for Brute Chieftains. The Stalkers replaced the Special Operations Elites of Halo 2 after the Elites became Separatists from the Covenant.

Setup was pretty simple, as was processing in Photoshop. All I had to do was a little color correction and add the laser eye thing. I wanted to get his guns in the shot because they're full of cool details, but it just didn't work out. Maybe the next one will have the guns? I hope so.

So, people who play Halo, how did I do? Does he look like he's in the game?

Sub-Orbital EXIF:

Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure: 6 sec (6)
Aperture: f/8
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire

Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
X-Resolution: 72 dpi
Y-Resolution: 72 dpi
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Date and Time: 2008:08:02 14:24:13
YCbCr Positioning: Co-Sited
Exposure Program: Aperture priority
Date and Time (Original): 2008:08:02 14:05:27
Date and Time (Digitized): 2008:08:02 14:05:27
Shutter Speed: -169407/65536
Metering Mode: Pattern
Color Space: sRGB
Focal Plane X-Resolution: 3210.946 dpi
Focal Plane Y-Resolution: 3230.241 dpi
White Balance: Manual
Compression: JPEG
Image Width: 2816 pixels
Image Height: 1880 pixels

Be good,
-Dave



| edit post

0 Reply to "Brute Stalker"