El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Lobster Johnson 1

5:44 PM by , under

Lobster Johnson

I am a fool. There, I said it.

For the two years (give or take) I've been a toy photographer, I've resisted using a lightbox. Of course, I had great reasons to not use one.

1) It isn't really safe to start a fire in the lightbox
2) The smoke machine is a pain to operate as it is
3) I am a fool

Seeing that I am a fool, it should surprise no one that we already have a "professional" lightbox around the house. I bought it for April a few years ago as a Christmas gift and she didn't like using it and I wasn't comfortable with it so it has sat, unloved against the wall. Poor lightbox.

My friend Adam, knowing that my studio consists of the stove top (and secretly pitying me for it), pointed us to a great Shelving Unit that was so affordable that we couldn't really resist. We got it assembled and I finally got up the nerve to play with it.

I am a fool. Please forgive me, Oh Lightbox!

EXIFbox data:

Camera: Fujifilm FinePixS2Pro
Exposure: 0.125 sec (1/8)
Aperture: f/5.3
Focal Length: 66 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: -1 EV

Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
X-Resolution: 72 dpi
Y-Resolution: 72 dpi
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Date and Time: 2008:01:25 19:39:51
Tag::TIFF::0x882A: -6, -6
Exposure Program: Normal
Date and Time (Original): 2008:01:25 19:29:29
Date and Time (Digitized): 2008:01:25 19:29:29
Shutter Speed: 3/1
Brightness: 166/100
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
Color Space: Uncalibrated
Focal Plane X-Resolution: 630 dpc
Focal Plane Y-Resolution: 630 dpc
Sensing Method: One-chip colour area sensor
Exposure Mode: Auto bracket
Focal Length In 35mm Film: 99
Saturation: High saturation
Compression: JPEG
Image Width: 2976 pixels
Image Height: 2024 pixels

Background provided by dgphilli through a Creative Commons license

Be good,
-Dave



| edit post

1 Reply to "Lobster Johnson"

ed pills online on June 28, 2020 at 10:39 PM

Excellent article! We will be linking to this great article on our site. Keep up the great writing.