El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Batman - Knightfall 1

7:37 PM by , under

Batman - Knightfall

I think it's fair to say that I really only have one objective with my toy shots, and that is to make you the viewer forget, even for a second, that you are looking at a toy. That isn't saying much when it comes to McFarlane Toys and their amazing detail and few points of articulation, but when I'm dealing with a Mattel or Hasbro-like figure it becomes a much greater challenge. Some days it doesn't work and others (like today) everything just falls smoothly into place.

When I first set this up, I had no idea how it would turn out. Out of all the shots I've done, this had the most tear down and build because I really had no clue what I was going for. I'd move the prop, reposition the figure, set my lights, focus, not like what I see so I tear it all down and start again. While I'm still not certain what exactly is going on, I really do love how it turned out. Somehow, in my Zen-like inability to consciously build a good set, I managed to come away with one that I really dig.

EXIF are a superstitious and cowardly lot:

Camera: Fujifilm FinePixS2Pro
Exposure: 0.333 sec (1/3)
Aperture: f/1.8
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: -1 EV

Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
X-Resolution: 72 dpi
Y-Resolution: 72 dpi
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Date and Time: 2008:01:23 21:25:08
Tag::TIFF::0x882A: -6, -6
Exposure Program: Normal
Date and Time (Original): 2008:01:23 21:18:33
Date and Time (Digitized): 2008:01:23 21:18:33
Shutter Speed: 1584963/1000000
Brightness: -233/100
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
Color Space: Uncalibrated
Focal Plane X-Resolution: 630 dpc
Focal Plane Y-Resolution: 630 dpc
Sensing Method: One-chip colour area sensor
Exposure Mode: Auto bracket
Focal Length In 35mm Film: 75
Saturation: High saturation
Compression: JPEG
Image Width: 1905 pixels
Image Height: 2340 pixels

Be good,
-Dave



| edit post

1 Reply to "Batman - Knightfall"

best online pharmacy in USA on June 28, 2020 at 10:42 PM

Thanks so much for the site, I found a lot of useful information for us.
Liked the good program. there is something to think about ...