El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Boss Fight 1

6:39 AM by , under

Aaaaand we're back. Welcome to 2011! Did you enjoy your holiday break? I know I sure did.

One of the things I've been working on and really trying to improve is really opening up my idea of what my "Go To" shot is. As it stands now, I default to this:

(Click to see larger)

What I would like to do is expand that out and explore more of the scene. Bring a little more action, more dynamism. To do that, I'm going to need more that one figure... A quick glance at the shelves yields two fantasy figures that look promising. Benedikt Hellhorn by Reaper Miniatures and Ligori from Anima Tactics should do nicely. As a backdrop, I picked up a bit of resin cathedral wall from Armorcast and lit the whole thing with a table lamp, from above and behind.

I chose Benedikt and Ligori over other models because Ligori is head and shoulders taller. He towers over the smaller Benedikt! And really, how intimidating is a boss fight that you can look in the eye?

So what do you think?

(Click to see larger)

Be good,
-Dave

voices call, they call out my name, (my name, my name)



| edit post

1 Reply to "Boss Fight"

Adam on January 10, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Excellent! I really dig the set. And, well, everything.