El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Monev the Gale (2)

7:00 AM by , under

Monev the Gale

I love portfolio work for celebrities. Even pseudo-celebrities. The hurried phone calls from their agents, run ragged trying to meet their demands. The awed hush that comes over the studio when they finally arrive.

Or not.

Monev the Gale fell out of the public eye several years ago. I mean, let's face it, Trigun didn't end well for the guy. Sure, he got a cool action figure made and made an appearance in the anime, but publicity is all about the now. So when he came into the studio, I'll be honest, I was surprised.

"Dave, you gotta help me. My career has completely tanked and I can't get anyone to return my phonecalls. I need some shots for my portfolio." He kept looking at the floor while we spoke. A real shame to see a guy broken like that.

Monev2

Stepping over to the outdoor studio, he seemed to perk up a bit. A little awkward at first, but he fell into his groove pretty quickly.

Monev1

Fortunately, we only had a single incident. Reflector sometimes forgets that he isn't the boss...

Monev-Outtake

We needed one more; something for him to sign at events. This one had to be a stinger!

Monev4

BAM!

Be good,
-Dave

Even though you think
I might just set you free



| edit post

2 Reply to "Monev the Gale"

april on June 24, 2010 at 7:57 AM

amazing shots!

 

El Dave on June 24, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Thanks, april!