El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Iron Monger (0)

6:45 AM by , under

Plastic 52: Week 42

Recently, I started a new job on a different shift and it has completely thrown me off. My sleep schedule is all messed up and I just haven't been able or motivated to get into the studio and keep cranking out pictures. My mojo, she is a little low.

As a way of getting back in the saddle, I'm getting ready for the release of Iron Man. For those that don't know me, Iron Man has always been my favorite character. His was the first comic book I ever read, first I ever bought with my own money (Issue #300, with the holofoil/embossed/chrome cover. Ah, the 90's), and the only comic I actively collect, much to April's embarrassment. I've been waiting for an Iron Man movie since I was 10, so yeah, I'm a little excited. In the film, the main bad guy is Obadiah Stane, aka the Iron Monger. He steals the plans for the original Iron Man armor and rebuilds it into a huge machine that he intends to market to the world's governments, making himself the richest and most powerful man in the world.

While I admit this one isn't my best work, it kind of demonstrates what I was talking about with the whole using real backgrounds as opposed to printing off photos or using the laptop screen. I really should reshoot it with better light, find a better way of bringing out all the little details of the figure. I blame working. It's severely hampering my ability to take pictures of action figures.

The backdrop is part of an older PC we gutted while we were building out jukebox PC. I've used it before, but this time I only used the power supply and the side panel. I have a few more ideas for this one, but it's going to take a little more work than simply propping up the power supply and taking the picture. Ghetto lighting rig, here I come!

Oh, and one more thing. The Iron Monger doesn't actually look like that. He's blue. This particular Iron Monger is going to go under the knife soon and come out as the Titanium Man, because Titanium Man doesn't look anything like this.

Be good,
-Dave



| edit post

0 Reply to "Iron Monger"