El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

TK-182 (0)

7:24 PM by , under

TK-182 Continued

Hey, fun drinking game. Every time I mention "Stormtrooper" you take a drink. Challenge your friends!

I have a fondness for variations on a theme. Take Star Wars for example. Well, Stormtroopers to be specific. To me, they are a nearly inexhaustible well of ideas to play off of. Need an interesting story hook? Why not throw in some Stormtroopers. Want a unique character idea? Stormtrooper. When we used to play the Star Wars RPG, I created Jub Jub, the Ewok Stormtrooper. My current project is TK-182, the Force Sensitive Stormtrooper. My goal is to get a couple more Stormtroopers and repaint/redeco them into Light and Dark Side appropriate costumes.

What? I think a lightsaber-wielding Stormtrooper would be AWESOME. Picture Darth Maul with a Stormtrooper helmet. I knew you'd see it my way.

Ok, like I mentioned in my last post, I want to start using more props and less backdrops. Today I'm using a castle piece from my old tabletop gaming days that I found while cleaning out the closet. This time I went back to the stovetop, but only because I used candles to light the shot. I just don't have any lightbulbs that produce that amount of light, and I can't put a candle in the lightbox.

My posts may be sporadic while I'm building props, so please bear with me. I will definitely keep taking pictures, but they may not all be the quality I'd like.

If you strike me down, I will become more EXIF than you can imagine:

Camera: Fujifilm FinePixS2Pro
Exposure: 1.5 sec (3/2)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 79 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: -1 EV

Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
X-Resolution: 72 dpi
Y-Resolution: 72 dpi
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Date and Time: 2008:01:29 21:13:18
Tag::TIFF::0x882A: -6, -6
Exposure Program: Shutter priority
Date and Time (Original): 2008:01:29 20:47:03
Date and Time (Digitized): 2008:01:29 20:47:03
Shutter Speed: -584963/1000000
Brightness: -216/100
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
Color Space: Uncalibrated
Focal Plane X-Resolution: 630 dpc
Focal Plane Y-Resolution: 630 dpc
Sensing Method: One-chip colour area sensor
Exposure Mode: Auto bracket
Focal Length In 35mm Film: 118
Saturation: High saturation
Compression: JPEG
Image Width: 2024 pixels
Image Height: 3024 pixels

Be good,
-Dave
(Stormtrooper)



| edit post

0 Reply to "TK-182"