El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

Abomination (0)

6:17 PM by , under

Abomination

I've shot the Abomination before, but he never seems to turn out quite right. I'm usually happy with the pictures overall, but there's always something just a little...off. Not sure what though.

Just as a little background, the Abomination is one of the Hulk's bad guys. I'm sure you could guess by the giant green guy with tiny pants and a simplistic name, but that's what I do. I'm a giver. The majority of Hulk's early stories revolved around him trying to find solitude in the deserts of the American southwest, only to be rudely interrupted by the US military, the Avengers, or, in this case, the Abomination.

I tried to create the feeling that we're looking through the eyes of some poor sap who crossed Abomination on a bad day and he's looming over, about to finish us off (but not before we're rescued by a timely superhero, natch). I was trying for a "high-noon" look with harsh light and dusty colors, and tried something new that I will definitely be using again in the future. You see, I actually used a reflector to bounce light back up at the figure! Well, his teeth at least.

Hush; let me be proud of myself.

HULK SMASH PUNY EXIF DATA!

Camera: Fujifilm FinePixS2Pro
Exposure: 0.5 sec (1/2)
Aperture: f/1.8
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 1 EV

Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
X-Resolution: 72 dpi
Y-Resolution: 72 dpi
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Date and Time: 2008:01:08 20:14:20
Tag::TIFF::0x882A: -6, -6
Exposure Program: Normal
Date and Time (Original): 2008:01:08 20:07:57
Date and Time (Digitized): 2008:01:08 20:07:57
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Brightness: -100/100
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
Light Source: Daylight
Color Space: Uncalibrated
Focal Plane X-Resolution: 630 dpc
Focal Plane Y-Resolution: 630 dpc
Sensing Method: One-chip colour area sensor
Exposure Mode: Auto bracket
White Balance: Manual
Focal Length In 35mm Film: 75
Saturation: High saturation
Compression: JPEG
Image Width: 2024 pixels
Image Height: 2319 pixels

Be good,
-Dave



| edit post

0 Reply to "Abomination"