El Dave Photography

A photographer and his toys. Updated weekly.

EVA Unit-03: Online (0)

4:23 PM by , under

EVA Unit-03: Online

It's amazing how different people can push and prod you into trying something different. My buddy Adam (who originally gave me Unit-03) posted this photo of Snake Eyes. He says he needs to reshoot it, but he's wrong, because he got it right the first time!

Not only is it a great photo, it inspired me to start looking at backdrops differently. I've been wanting to build sets for my figures, but he's convinced me that I don't have to build anything; I just need to change how I look at what's already around me.

That leads us to today's photo. I began by removing the foam and plastic cover from our stereo's speaker and turning it backwards so the cool plasticy bits served as a frame for Unit-03. Then I grabbed my Ikea Tybble Lamp and used it to prop up the speaker cover. All that was left was to light the sparklers (I found another box of them, yay!) and shoot like mad. Cleanup in Photoshop was the normal color/contrast tweaks.

EDIT: Now I know what this reminds me of! This is totally a wrestling entrance stage; all I need is a way to capture cheesy guitar riffs with my camera. God, I'm a hack.

Into the flood again, same ol' EXIF it was back then:

Camera: Fujifilm FinePixS2Pro
Exposure: 0.1 sec (1/10)
Aperture: f/1.8
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 1 EV

Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
X-Resolution: 72 dpi
Y-Resolution: 72 dpi
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Date and Time: 2008:01:15 18:18:14
Tag::TIFF::0x882A: -6, -6
Exposure Program: Normal
Date and Time (Original): 2008:01:15 18:03:44
Date and Time (Digitized): 2008:01:15 18:03:44
Shutter Speed: 3321928/1000000
Brightness: 116/100
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
Color Space: Uncalibrated
Focal Plane X-Resolution: 630 dpc
Focal Plane Y-Resolution: 630 dpc
Sensing Method: One-chip colour area sensor
Exposure Mode: Auto bracket
Focal Length In 35mm Film: 75
Saturation: High saturation
Compression: JPEG
Image Width: 2024 pixels
Image Height: 3024 pixels

Be good,
-Dave



| edit post

0 Reply to "EVA Unit-03: Online"